Soliman Bay and Tankah, located between Tulum and Akumal in the Riviera Maya, offer an alternative and unique vacation on this Mexican Caribbean Coast. We are tempted to say these two beach areas are a step back in time, but the beautiful villas are not a step back in time. What you will have in both Soliman Bay and Tankah are slightly remote beach destinations that feel like you have the Caribbean to yourself. The accommodations are far from rustic, making this a peaceful area with some glorious amenities. The beach makes you feel like you have stepped back in time, but the accommodations feel contemporary and in some cases downright luxurious.
Soliman Bay and Tank Ha offer Super Peaceful Riviera Maya Vacations
Take a look at our aerial maps first so you can see how these areas are special in the Riviera Maya. Both communities are located on inlets and bays making the ocean calm, clear, and private. With only one road leading to each neighborhood, there is no traffic, little noise, and oddly only two restaurants per area. We love this destinations and clearly see why these vacation villas are a hit with families and couples looking to share a special holiday together.
Benefits of Soliman Bay Vacations in the Riviera Maya
- Private communities located on Riviera Maya beaches
- Communities have private security making the area safe, relaxing, and trouble free
- There are a variety of villa vacation homes for families or couples
- Kayaking and snorkeling is the activity of choice in these communities. Kayaks are found at most vacation villas and the 2nd largest barrier reef is not far from shore. Follow snorkel safety rules to ensure a safe and fun snorkel.
- Solar and alternative energy is used in all villas and accommodations to ensure a sustainable vacation in an eco sensitive area.
- Soliman Bay has two very different restaurants on the beach. Chamico’s is a fish shack with a glorious fresh seafood and fish menu. Sahara is an upscale restaurant with wonderful sea views and super service.
Benefits of Tankah and Tankah Tres vacations in the Riviera Maya
- Private beachside community with a shell filled beach
- A local cenote, Cenote Manatee, is the highlight of this beach community where divers and snorkelers explore the brackish water of the beachside cenote.
- Two restaurants are fun places to hang out and filled with local characters. Casa Cenote Restaurant is a Mexican restaurant that has been part of the Tank Ha landscape for over 20 years. Blue Sky Pizza Restaurant located beside Casa Cenote serves up some great wood oven pizza beachside.
- Kayaking, swimming, beach combing and naps in your hammock are the main activities vacationers love in Tank Ha.
- Luxury villas with incredible sea views, direct access to the beach, and beautiful second floor terraces make these private villas a true heaven.
- Located close to the Tulum Ruins, Tulum town, Coba, and other Riviera Maya cities.
This is a cool vacation spot not found anywhere else on the coast.